This year’s rescheduled WinterFest dinner on Friday, February 16 at the Lincoln Inn & Banquets in Batavia worked out well for the library staff – three of us won prize baskets in the after-dinner raffle:
- Rhea Hunter, Todd Library Circulation Assistant
- Kathy Bartel, Aurora Downtown Campus Librarian
- Audrey Bokuniewicz, Fox Valley Campus Librarian
Also present for the win were Library Manager, Spencer Brayton, and Todd Librarian, Earl Shumaker, 2017 winner of a Support Staff Award for Excellence.
Congratulations to our winners, and a big thank you to everyone who contributed to baskets and planned a wonderful WinterFest!
Check out our new technology, just installed over Winter Break at Todd and Aurora Downtown Campus Libraries:
- Skip the line at the Circulation Desk and use the new Self Check Kiosks to check out materials, renew items, or review your account.
- Use the new computer-powered SMART boards in study rooms to work on PowerPoint slides, presentations, or group work.
February brings us the Winter Olympics, Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, Presidents’ Day, Chinese New Year, and big library news:
- Our new Dean of Academic Support, Anita Moore, starts February 21 – Welcome, Dr. Moore!
- Our new website goes live soon – we look forward to your feedback!
- Our new Mission/Vision/Values statements are in the works – a blueprint to our future. We are dreaming big!
The 3rd annual Media Literacy Week (MLW) in the United States is sponsored by the National Association for Media Literacy Education (NAMLE). Take a moment to visit the MLW website to learn more about Media Literacy and activities taking place around the country this week:
The library catalog has been restored. Â Thank you for your patience during the outage.