Known as the “The National Pastime” baseball’s Major Leagues will be celebrating the anniversary of the first “All-Star Game” first played on July 6, 1933. The Todd Library will join in that celebration with a collection of books concerning this summer game.
Do you have a standardized test to take? For those of you taking assessment testing at Waubonsee, we have several copies of Chart Your Success on the COMPASS Test to check out. This book gives you sample practice questions in Compostion, Reading and Mathematics. We also have a selection of other current test guides including for the GED, ACT, CLEP, MAT, LSAT, Civil Service Exam and the Correction Officer Exam. Most guides can be checked out for one week, and are located in the Reserve section at the Circulation Desk. Look for the test guide you need in the Todd Library Online catalog or contact the library.
Real crime scene investigation is very different from what you see on CSI. Find out what happens in real life by reading “Every Contact Leaves a Trace: Crime Scene Experts Talk About Their Work From Discovery Through Verdict”. Here, forensic scientists and detectives recall real cases that have been solved by using this fascinating science.
- Unhooked : how young women pursue sex, delay love and lose at both / Laura Sessions Stepp.
- To live’s to fly : the ballad of the late, great Townes Van Zandt / John Kruth.
- Everything bad is good for you : how today’s popular culture is actually making us smarter / Steven Johnson
- The art of protest : culture and activism from the civil rights movement to the streets of Seattle / T.V. Reed
- Fighting for air : the battle to control America’s media / Eric Klinenberg
Have you made your personal Google page, iGoogle? Personalize your Google page to include handy gadgets for your favorite web content–your gmail, weather, movie times, gas prices, news, joke of the day, and NOW you can add the Todd Library Catalog and your library account! If you have a Google account, go to iGoogle and click on Sign In, and if you don’t have an account–simply click on Get Started. It will save you time the next time you log on, and it’s fun!